- Pupils should not be kept at home unless genuinely ill.
- Pupils who get up late should still come to school.
- Pupils should not take a whole day off to visit the doctor or dentist.
- Pupils should not be taken out of school to go on holidays.
- If you have a problem with your son’s attendance please contact the school.
- All pupils who miss more than 20 days in a school year must be reported to the Education Welfare Board.
- A written note of explanation on your child’s absence must be given to his teacher on his return to school.
Boys who are sick should not be sent to school under any circumstances. If your son has a particular health problem you should advise the school, in confidence (see registration form).Should your son become ill at school we will try to make contact with you by phone. If you are not at home contact will be made with the person nominated by you on the registration form. The child should always be aware of who is going to collect him or look after him in the event of parents not being available.
You must inform the class teacher in writing if you need to pick your child up early for any reason.